January 8, 15, 2019 from 7pm-9pm (and 3 other dates)
This program answers the desire for an immersion experience in Gestalt group process for those who are considering the training program and for first timers who want the dynamic experience of Gestalt group support.
Over the years we have heard these same remarks from Gestalt group participants: In the group I felt seen for the first time, I found the meaning of intimacy with others, I have really met like minded people, I feel present with others without losing myself, I feel at home in my body now. Through a process oriented approach Gestalt is known to reach levels of intimacy fairly quickly even between strangers and yet without the induction of shame or the generating of unfinished business. You will “really meet others” and share the learning of:
- The language of responsibility through which the “you” word is replaced by “I”
- The way to turn judgments into interventions
- The way to meet one another by honouring and respecting difference
In Gestalt the meeting between you and me is called “dialogue” which means:
- To listen to the intentionality of the other through the “how” not the “what” of communication
- To develop curiosity in the other through curiosity in one’s own reactions and responses
- To ask questions that originate in our genuine honesty so as to not alienate the other through re-traumatizing or shaming
- To have fun together by being in the here and now
Gestalt therapy is a conversation that comes close to “high play” as group members explore their capacity to co-create the “unknown next step” out of the shared present moment. In this way it is a model for good relationship and for returning to us the spontaneity we lost as children. Join a group of strangers in an experiment of deep connection.
Dates: Six Tuesday evenings, January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 2019
Fee: Standard Rate: $300 — Early Bird Rate (register by December 18): $250
Continuing Education (CE): 12 Hours
Call: 416-964-9464 x14 to register