CAPT is the home of psychodynamic psychotherapy in Canada. Part of the work we do is to raise the profile of the profession with the public, government, and other stakeholders. Here is a collection of the work we have done since our inception in 2000.
Regulation of Psychotherapy
CAPT has a large body of submissions and other materials relating to the regulation of psychotherapy in Ontario. The following documents contain CAPT opinions on many issues relating to the regulation of the profession – including the controlled act of psychotherapy.
- CAPT Comments on Protected Titles Under the Psychotherapy Act, 2007
- December 2012: CAPT letter to MoHLTC regarding definition of Registered Mental Health Therapist
- March 2012: CAPT Submission to the Transitional Council of the CRPO re. Entry-To-Practice Competency Profile for Registered Psychotherapists
- September 2009: CAPT Response to The Standing Committee on Social Policy Concerning Bill 179, Regulated Health Professions Statute Law Amendment Act
- February 2009: Response to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Concerning the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council’s Critical Links: Transforming and Supporting Patient Care (January 2009)
- January 2009: Response to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care Concerning the Health Professions Regulatory Advisory Council’s Two Interim Reports in March and September 2008 to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care on Mechanisms to Facilitate and Support Interprofessional Collaboration among Health Colleges and Regulated Health Professionals
- May 2008: CAPT Response to the HPRAC Consultation Discussion Guide on Issues Related to the Ministerial Referral on Interprofessional Collaboration among Health Colleges and Professionals
- April 2007: CAPT Response to The Standing Committee on Social Policy Concerning Bill 171, Schedule Q, the Psychotherapy Act, 2007
- 2006: CAPT Response to HPRAC re New Directions (2006) Report
- HPRAC New Directions Report (2006)
- October 2005: Response to the HPRAC Consultation Discussion Guide on Issues Relating to the Ministerial Referral on Psychotherapy and Psychotherapists
- September 2005: CAPT presentation to HPRAC re Discussion Guide