Student members are responsible for keeping CAPT apprised of when they graduate, and of their progress toward obtaining their registration number from a regulatory college.
If 6 months after graduation, sufficient progress has not been made toward obtaining the number, CAPT has the right to suspend membership and/or terminate insurance coverage.
The following regulatory colleges are recognized by CAPT:
- Psychologists: College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO)
- Social Workers: Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Nurses: College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Occupational Therapists: College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Physicians: College of Physicians & Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)