James (Bud) Tangney (retired)
Retired Gestalt Therapist/Counsellor
BA, MBA, Certificate in Gestalt Therapy, Certificate in Advanced Gestalt Leadership
Active involvement in the support of professional practice in the psychotherapy field. Gestalt orientation background.
CAPT Membership Number: 385
Issues I work with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Career/Work, Depression, Grief/Loss, Relationships/Family
- Gestalt Therapy
- Relational Psychotherapy
- incorporate some experience in psychodrama, Jungian imagery, and dialectical behaviour therepy.
- incorporating extensive experience in bioenergetics therapy, sensory awareness;
TrainingGraduate of the Gestalt Institute of Toronto Training Program, 2006.
- phased out of formal therapy/counselling practice in 2017;
- Chair the Professional Practice Committee at the Gestalt Institute of Toronto (GIT) since 2008, helping the Institute, students and alumni grow in the environment of regulation under the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario; actively facing challenges of additional regulatory controls by the Private Career College Branch of the Ont. Ministry of Skills, Colleges and Universities;
- occasional teaching at GIT re intake skills, suicide risk assessment and professional practice;
- informal adviser to a professional associations for therapists; involved in umbrella group of professional associations (PRPA);
- telephone counsellor at the Toronto Distress Centre, for callers with anxiety, depression, suicidality, etc. also supervising/mentoring new Distress Centre volunteers;
- mentoring individuals throughout their training and development in mental health field;
Office LocationAvenue Rd and Dupont
Toronto, Ontario M5R 1W9